Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Photogasm

Holding a camera in my hand feels like an orgasm amplified by a million times. Viewing a great photo in it amplifies the feeling further.

Yep, that's exactly how it feels

That’s how it feels like for every event the Mad Minds team is tasked to capture. With every sound my camera’s shutter makes, I am empowered to make a better photo than the last one I made. I carefully observe the venue and the people passing me by to mentally capture the scene in a split-second. My fingers seem to have a mind of their own as they adjust the shutter speed, aperture and ISO much faster than my granmomma can say “Ayusin mo ang kwarto mo ngayon din kundi malilintikan ka sa akin!” I carefully measure in my mind the power of my flash and how it’s gonna look like on my target. In the end, all those steps boil down to my index finger as it presses the shutter button.

Click!

And that’s where a photographic orgasm takes place inside of me. I’ll view the photo through my camera’s LCD and review what I could have done more to make it better. It’ll only last for a couple of seconds as I repeat the first step over and observe the venue once again for my next target. There, the whole cycle goes on and on again until I’m satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment